Sunday, December 6, 2009

Work in Progress- Angry Chair



The next in the chair series is on the easel, and coming out very well. I've had to struggle a bit with the shadow under the chair. Next is the background work!
The blue one is the prussian blue underpainting. It really pops out that red!
The red is where it's at right now. I have a commission to finish, and then I get to work on the Chair.
It's oil on birch panel. I used Dorland's Wax Medium in the oils, it gives it a really visible texturing.
I need to get a better camera, there's some really nice texture that isn't showing up as well as I'd like, in the hills behind the Chair.
But! I think with the right camera I'll be able to better reproduce my art.
I'm happy that the tax season is nearly here, Happy Tax Day gets a new camera for me!!

1 comment:

hw (hallie) farber said...

This angry chair really appeals to me.

I'm glad you now have studio space; it's nice to have a place to work.