Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Process


I love to experiment, and this is the latest, finished. It's on the site, but here I can kinda get into it.
I've always been fascinated with the tenacity of life; how it takes hold and thrives in sometimes extremely hostile environments, like the microbes that live in volcanic vents, and the bacteria that live in the frozen Antarctic.
The green glass is surrounded by silver, and soldered onto the copper with a torch. The cilia of the microbes is embossed.
The thick mats of bacteria that occur in the optimal conditions, these are the streams of bronze and gold that move across the dark blue surface of the primal water.


One of the things that I really like about this blogging, is the ability to go in depth with the viewer. To give a bit of a window into my process.

No comments: